Thursday, October 13, 2011

VETO THAT BILL!!!

Is it just me or has our Gov't gone from sugar to shit in the last six months? I think maybe it is just me, because it has been the later for sometime now.
The article that grabbed my attention was titled “House Panel Approves Bill to Cut U.N. Funds,” (http://www.time.com/Bill to Cut Funds) and in that moment, I thought to myself “why not just approve a bill to end the world too?” The article to my surprise was written quite well. I was definitely expecting to read with the type of apprehension that gives you the feeling “something is missing here,” however, the feeling was not there at all. I believed this journalist, and I generally believed that he/she was telling the whole truth, especially when they quoted Democrat Howard Berman of California as saying "The Republicans true purpose of the bill is to end U.S. participation in the U.N. and in the process, deal a fatal financial blow to the world body.” The journalist spoke about Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s disapproval and how she vowed to recommend that President Obama veto the legislation.
You cannot put these types of phrases together during a time as fragile as the times we are currently living in with the expectation that your audience will be middle school kids. No, this article was written for individuals seeking to understand what is going on with in our society, with in our Gov't. With all of the madness, you keep telling yourself that there has to be an answer, you are not crazy, and the people that have been empowered to make decisions for you, will not allow your country, your family, your friends to suffer a minute longer.
This article really hit home describing in detail just how far the Gov't is willing to go to cover up facts such as “We spent all of the Social Security money-people! We are not going to tax the rich, because they are the ones that keep our political parties floating! We will continue to tax YOU, so get off of Wall Street so we can clean up!”
This journalist's logic and evidence made me think more about the state of this country and where we could possibly be headed. There is one part, however, that keeps regurgitating with in me and that is the statement the journalist made about how big of a problem/bully the Republicans think the U.N. actually is. The U.N. has been around since before I was a kid and problem or not, it does a lot for thousands who cannot do for themselves but my question is why is the U.N. such a problem now?  It is as if Congress has started playing tit for tat and this journalist was right on the money with this one “these measures will end American involvement in the world peacekeeping body.”

No comments:

Post a Comment