Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Rand Dagree’s Did you know? Rebuttal


I 100% AGREE….Every time I read something about these leeches making three and a half times the pay of the average American worker, or taxpayers paying them a base salary of $174,000 ($285,000 when benefits are included), or their illegal, but “legal” stock market tactics, it infuriates me. Yes, their approval ratings are at an all time low, however, “We the People” keep re-electing the same Reps and take no action to keep them on the straight and narrow.

Recently I wrote a letter with an attachment to three different individuals, Michael McCaul (my U.S. Representative), Senator Kirk Watson (my Senator), and Mark Strama (my State Representative) concerning this same issue. I asked them to explain to me how can this be possible? How can congress profit from an activity that has been deemed unlawful to the public? That’s like saying the police can arrest me for a crime, but they cannot themselves be arrested for that exact same crime. Am I being punked, because this is totally bogus? Disgraced lobbyist Jack Abramoff went to jail for all kinds of corruption within Congress, however, he contends that it is still running rampant, so what was the point of him going to jail again (besides making him an scapegoat)?

Although I have not heard back from either office, I will continue to write until I get some kind of answer. It is absolutely absurd that this type of behavior is allowed to continue while we struggle daily to pay for college, to find jobs, to feed our families, and or to just LIVE!!! It is as if Congress lives in a bubble and has absolutely no concern or interest in the American peoples’ reality. I keep saying, instead of protesting Wall Street, or hating the President, we should direct all this anger toward Congress. They should be held accountable, they should be protested against, they should be ostracized from our communities, not the other way around. However, the sad part is I have a sneaky suspicion that Congress is fully aware that we will not do anything, but talk. randdagree.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment